You are here:
- Site Map
- Who We Are
- Our Impact
- Join our Email List
- Find Help
- Give Help
Resources & Events
- Event Calendar
Ways to Prevent Child Abuse
- Request Pinwheels & other Prevention Supplies
- 10 Ways to Prevention
- 1. Be humble. Acknowledge the power dynamic.
- 2. Respect boundaries.
- 3. Listen carefully to kids.
- 4. Be a safe adult. Practice self-care and self-awareness.
- 5. Learn the facts.
- 6. Ask kids how safe they feel on a scale of 1-10.
- 7. Understand consent.
- 8. Reduce opportunities for predators and have a plan.
- 9. Protect & keep a safe place for kids.
- 10. Teach kids #1-9 and talk about them often.
- For Parents & Caregivers: Prevention & Healing Tools!
- Organizations that help Prevent Child Abuse
- Adult Self-Care
- Is it possible to prevent child abuse?
- Ways to Prevent Child Abuse
I want to know more about...
- What I should do if a kid tells me she or he is being abused now or was in the past
- What should I do (as an adult) if I realize I may have experienced child abuse
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Grooming or Recruiting
- Human Trafficking or Modern-Day Slavery
- What a "trigger" is.
- What a "flashback" is.
- Fight/Flight/Freeze Response (FFF)
- Child Advocacy
- Types of Therapy for Abuse
- Conditions that Often Result from Abuse or PTSD
- for Providers (teachers, doctors, therapists, nurses, etc.)
- Further Reading & Research