Kids: Get involved!
Part of amplifying kids' voices is inviting them to do the work with us, side by side. Every kid should be aware of child abuse (in an age-appropriate way) and therefore every kid should want to help. Listen to Kids gives kids something they can contribute in a world largely out of their control. Teaching our kids to respond to suffering with compassion and action is one of the most valuable things we can do.
At Listen to Kids, we seek not only to end the cycle of abuse, but to create a NEW, healthy, cycle of kids giving back, learning how to support each other, and talking about what matters.
Finally, what a kid working through abuse needs most is connection. And what's more powerful than a connection with a peer?
WAYS KIDS CAN GET INVOLVED:
- KID-DRIVEN FUNDRAISERS
- MAKING LTK STATIONARY
- WRITING NOTES OF ENCOURAGEMENT
- WEARING OUR LOGO!!!
- STARTING A LISTEN TO KIDS CLUB
TEENS CAN ALSO:
- SHOP FOR CLOTHES, FOOD, OR OTHER NEEDED ITEMS
- DELIVER DONATIONS
- VOLUNTEER AT CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL OR ANOTHER AGENCY WE SUPPORT
- BUY LTK LOGO MERCHANDISE AT ZAZZLE.COM
- "LIKE" & "SHARE" OUR POSTS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- INVITE SOCIAL MEDIA FRIENDS TO LIKE OUR PAGE & JOIN OUR GROUP