COUNSELING SCHOLARSHIPS ARE CURRENTLY FULL.
We're sorry for the inconvenience, but we're SO HAPPY to be using our budget to make the MAXIMUM IMPACT POSSIBLE on the kids of New Orleans. Currently, we're supporting 10 counseling clients!!! If you'd like to help us expand our capability to finance good quality trauma counseling for local kids, please consider DONATING. It generally costs LTK $400 a month per client to provide once-a-week-sessions.
Applications for Counseling Scholarships completed after July 16, 2023 will be placed on a WAIT LIST.
We re-evaluate our wait list every January and July.
Our Partner Counseling Providers
Currently, we partner with:
- Celebration Hope Center, Metairie, LA
- Full Life Christian Counseling, Metairie, LA
- Refuge Eighteen-Two Counseling Agency, Metairie, LA
- Restoration Counseling, Mid-City, NOLA
We strive to work with counselors who are trained in Story-Informed Trauma Therapy (SITT) developed by a leading, national trauma expert, Byron Kehler. Some counselors are also trained providers of EMDR therapy, Sand Tray Therapy, Emotionally-Focused Therapy, Emotionally-Focused Family Therapy, Child-Focused Play Therapy, Trauma-Focused CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy, & Trust-Based Relational Intervention.
As our Counseling Scholarship program grows, we'll expand our list of partner counseling providers.
Further reading on trauma therapies:
Our Counseling Scholarships are available as funding allows.
After receiving your request via this form, we'll contact you and walk through the process together.
If funding is available, we'll:
1. connect you to a pre-vetted, qualified counselor of our choice
2. ask you to sign a waiver with the counselor so that Listen to Kids can ask about your attendance
3. ask you to sign our Counseling Scholarship Agreement, which outlines your responsibilities and our responsibilities.
4. approve an initial 10 sessions with your counselor
5. pay for all or part of your counseling fees
After 6 or 7 sessions, we'll evaluate your need for an additional 10 sessions. LTK will work with your counselor and let you know if funding for your scholarship will continue and discuss options to continue or end counseling.
Usually, your Counseling Scholarship contact will be Michelle Scandurro, LTK Founder & President.
If, at any point, the client would like to request a different counselor, we're happy to have that conversation.
ALL APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED AFTER 7/16/23 WILL BE ADDED TO A WAIT LIST.
ALL SCHOLARSHIP MONEY for 2023 HAS BEEN AWARDED.